Scheduling & Visitor Restrictions
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure that the patients and staff in our hospitals are safe and remain healthy.
- Patient Visitor Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Number of Visitors Allowed Per Patient: Patients in a private room are allowed two visitors at a time. Patients in semi-private rooms are allowed one each to maintain social distancing.
- Both parents are allowed to visit the PICU, NICU and Pediatric Units.
- Screening: Visitors must be asymptomatic and without fever; visitors who are known COVID-19 positive are not permitted.
- Restrictions for Visiting COVID-19 Positive Patients: Due to the transmittable nature of COVID-19, no visitors will be allowed for COVID-19 positive patients. Arrangements may be made with nursing staff for scheduled phone/video contact time.
- Facemasks: Visitors must wear a hospital facemask at all times; facemasks must cover the nose and mouth and fit snug to the face and below the chin.
- Hand Hygiene: Visitors must perform hand hygiene upon hospital entry and upon leaving the patient room.
- Visitors must stay in the patient room or designated waiting areas at all times, except when visiting the cafeteria.
Visitor policy may change at any time without prior notice. Fountain Valley Regional Hospital reserves the right to make exceptions to the visitor policy under special circumstances. Visitors may be asked to leave the facility if they are not following the above policy or are not complying with general hospital visitation policy.
These measures will be in effect until we are advised by the CDC or the Orange County Health Care Agency that it is safe to return to normal visiting practices.
We cannot give you medical advice via phone or e-mail. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, contact your physician or other healthcare professional and self-quarantine. In the case of a medical emergency, such as difficulty breathing, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
Entry and exit is now limited to the main lobby only.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.