What Is Diagnostic Imaging?
Diagnostic imaging is a branch of medicine that uses advanced technology and equipment to capture images of a patient’s internal organs, bones and tissues. Doctors use these images to diagnose, treat, manage and prevent various conditions
Your doctor may request specific imaging tests depending on your signs and symptoms or the part of your body being examined. If you need to undergo surgery, your doctor may also require certain screenings for clearance purposes.
What Types of Fountain Valley Imaging Services Do We Offer?
Some of the diagnostic imaging services we offer at the Newhope Imaging Center are as follows:
- Digital X-ray – a modern type of X-ray that uses 80% less radiation than the traditional X-ray in creating images of bones and internal organs.
- Fluoroscopy – like an X-ray in motion or an X-ray movie that captures moving body structures in detail to help detect various types of diseases.
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) – is used for measuring bone density. The information from a DEXA scan is used to help estimate bone strength and the likelihood or breakage or fracture.
- CT scans – create cross-sectional images of the body, including the head, knee, chest, abdomen, shoulders and spine, using computers and rotating X-ray machines. They can also show blood vessels, bones and soft tissues.
- 3D Mammography – uses small X-ray signals to create a three-dimensional, complete and detailed view of the breast. It helps doctors examine the breast layer by layer
- MRI – uses a combination of radio waves, an electromagnet and a computer to produce detailed images of the body and internal organs. It is often used by doctors to visualize the abdomen, brain, bones, joints, pelvis and spine.
- MR Angiography – a detailed MRI study of the blood vessels. It is used to help diagnose aorta-related conditions and diseases in the blood vessels supplying the lungs, legs and kidneys.
- MR Arthrogram – helps find the cause of pain, swelling and abnormal movement in the joints.
- Breast Ultrasound – uses high frequency sound waves to create images of the internal organs. At Newhope Imaging Center, we offer diagnostic, obstetrical and vascular ultrasound imaging.
Meanwhile, we offer the following services at the Center for Breast Care:
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy – uses digital X-ray and a computer to precisely locate the tissue seen on a mammogram.
- Breast Ultrasound – used in addition to mammography to locate, identify and evaluate breast abnormalities such as lumps in the breast.
- Ultrasound Core Biopsy – minimally invasive procedure to obtain tissue cores of masses for evaluation
How to Prepare for Your Visit
If you’ve already scheduled an appointment in a Fountain Valley imaging center, here’s how you can prepare for your visit:
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your examination. This will give you enough time to fill out forms (if necessary).
- Bring your photo ID, insurance card, doctor’s request, form of payment for co-payment or co-insurance (if applicable) and any other medical information relevant to your screening.
- Some insurance providers require pre-authorization or a referral. Please double check with your insurance provider if this is necessary.
- Some imaging tests require special preparation such as wearing of loose clothing, fasting or allergy preparations. Please follow your doctor’s instructions to help ensure the accuracy of your exam results.
If you have questions, please call 714-431-0303 for Newhope Imaging Center and 714-966-5001 for Center for Breast Care.
Why Choose Imaging at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital?
Newhope Imaging Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the Center for Breast Care is accredited by the Mammography Quality Standards Act and The Joint Commission. We have licensed technologists, radiologists and staff who work together
to provide an unparalleled standard of care and professionalism to keep you safe and comfortable.
We accept most insurance providers in our imaging facilities to make our services accessible to more patients, so we can also provide compassionate, high-quality care to more people in Orange County.
Schedule an Appointment
If you need an imaging test, such as an X-ray, MRI, mammogram, ultrasound or a CT scan, the Newhope Imaging Center is open from Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Walk-ins are welcomed for X-rays only. For all other services, appointment are
Call (714) 431-0303 to schedule an appointment at Newhope Imaging Center.
Call (714) 966-5001 to schedule an appointment at the Center for Breast Care, open from Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Fountain Valley Imaging Center Locations
Newhope Imaging Center
11190 Warner Ave., Ste. 110
Fountain Valley, California 92708
General Inquiries and Scheduling: 714-431-0303
Directions/Parking: Newhope Imaging is located in the center of the hospital campus in a beige and brown building. If entering off Warner onto Mount Hope, Newhope Imaging is in the second building on the right. If entering off Euclid onto Hospital
Campus Drive, proceed towards the center of the campus and Newhope Imaging is located on the left.
Center for Breast Care
11190 Warner Ave., Ste. 106
Fountain Valley, California 92708
General Inquiries and Scheduling: 714-966-5001
Note: The Center for Breast Care is in the same building as the Newhope Imaging Center.